Leeds Rhinos pair Zane Tetevano and Harry Newman have been banned for five and three matches respectively following independent disciplinary tribunals this evening (Tuesday 28 June).
Tetevano was sent off for a high tackle during the second half of the Rhinos’ Betfred Super League match at St Helens last week and referred to tribunal by the Match Review Panel on a grade D charge to which he pleaded guilty.
Newman pleaded ‘not guilty’ to the Match Review Panel’s grade C charge of using aggressive language or body language towards the referee in the same game. The tribunal upheld the Match Review Panel’s two match penalty notice and, finding the challenge to be frivolous, added a further match.
Both players were also fined £500.
Earlier today the following players accepted penalties imposed by the Match Review Panel.
- Denive Balmforth (Hull FC) – High tackle, Grade A – 0 matches
- Elijah Taylor (Salford Red Devils) – Strike with knee, Grade B – 1 match
- Bodene Thompson (Leeds Rhinos) – Trip, Grade B – 2 matches
- Miteli Vulikjapani (Hull FC) – Dangerous contact, Grade C – 2 matches
- Liam Watts (Castleford Tigers) – Dangerous contact, Grade A – 1 match