Super League

10 Jun 2021

Dream debut try for Qareqare but Hull win again

Dream debut try for Qareqare but Hull win again

Seventeen year old Jason Qareqare made a dream debut as he scored a scintillating try with his first-ever touch of the ball in Super League but it was Hull FC who inflicted a fourth-successive league defeat on the Tigers by winning 30-12 at The Mend-A-Hose Jungle.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Jason Qareqare score an unbelievable try for Castleford Tigers with his first touch against Hull FC.<br>📺WATCH ON: Sky Sports Action<br>✍️FOLLOW HERE: <a href=""></a><br>#⃣ <a href=";ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#SuperLeague</a> <a href=""></a></p>&mdash; Sky Sports Rugby League (@SkySportsRL) <a href="">June 10, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="" charset="utf-8"></script>

Our League Player of the Match Adam Swift got a double, as did Mahe Fonua, while Jake Connor got over late on. Oliver Holmes bagged the home side's other try in the dying minutes.

Buoyed by reaching Wembley last week, the Tigers enjoyed the perfect start as they shifted the ball wide on the third tackle of the opening set to send Qareqare into space.

The teenager then skipped inside and out to shake off the attentions of Hull full back Connor to touch down after just 44 seconds.

But the visitors were undeterred by the early setback and would go into half time on top.

Adam Swift struck first with 14 minutes played, Marc Sneyd kicking the first of four successful conversions from four attempts to put his side 6-4 up.

Danny Richardson levelled with a penalty shortly before the break but FC were 12-6 up at the break thanks to a converted score from Fonua.

And they extended their lead soon after the restart, Swift bagging his second, again converted by Sneyd for an 18-6 lead with 43 minutes played.

The visitors were well on top and made their dominance count again as Fonua completed his brace on the night with 54 minutes played.

Sneyd goaled for a 24-6 lead with 25 minutes left before Jake Connor converted his own try on 73 minutes to end the contest.

Oliver Holmes had the final say of the game as he went over with three minutes to play, Richardson with the goal, but that was a mere consolation as Hull clocked up their fifth league win of the season.